Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Title of My New Blog

Welcome to my new blog. I will admit that, until fairly recently, I wasn't exactly sure what a blog was. However, I began reading a couple and decided that it is something I would like to try. Why not, right? I can't imagine who's going to read it, but it seems like a nice way to keep track of life.

So, I found a site that could have me up and running in a matter of minutes. That is where I hit my first snag. They wanted a title. Hmmm. What am I to call this on-line diary? I had to step away from the computer and put some thought into it--this was already harder than I thought it was going to be.

After some quiet reflection (which of course means in those few brief moments between getting after Ada for throwing her Power Bar when I didn't present it in the exact manner she was expecting and telling Courtland for the millionth time that he is three and not allowed to play outside by himself) it came to me. Courtland asks almost daily if we are going to have a special day. To a three year old (at least my three year old) this means doing something he finds spectacularly fun, unique, and exciting. This includes, but is certainly not limited to, a trip to Disney World, taking a six hour drive to go to my mom's (who he calls Pooh) house, staying in a hotel, or going to the water playground near our house.

I must admit that as much fun as I like to think I am, I simply am not the Entertainment Director Courtland would like me to be. As a result I have come up with an answer to his almost daily question of "are we going to have another special day?". I simply tell him, "every day is a special day with you." And there you have it, folks. The inspiration for the title of my blog. Every day that I know my kids and get to spend time with them is a special day. Every day I am married to my amazingly supportive and always well intentioned husband is a special day. Every day we are healthy and together is a special day. We are truly blessed on this very special day.

Here's hoping you are enjoying your special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment